I’m not always very adventurous with mixing prints but I’m trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. I’m certainly not short of inspiration from my fellow bloggers; it was Jennie’s fabulous mix of prints which gave me the idea of pattern mixing with floral print and spots this week.
The dots are so small that you can only really see them close up, making it a much more versatile print than one with larger dots.
You may remember that I mentioned in last week’s link up post how I bought a bundle of heavily discounted Finery items from Secret Sales – which included these trousers. The cut and fabric are great, just what I expected from Finery. The dots are so small that you can only really see them close up, making it a much more versatile print than one with larger dots. The perforated leather of the sandals mirrors the micro dot print of the trousers, while the chunky heels and contrast velcro ankle straps give the look a more modern edge than classic court shoes. It may be hard to believe, but these vertiginous Jaeger beauties are actually quite comfortable. They hug my feet perfectly, with absolutely no slipping.
To add another modern twist to the outfit I chose a backpack instead of a handbag. This grey faux leather backpack from Ooh Accessories is big enough to carry all of my essentials for work, and is also really useful for days out when I’m doing a lot of walking around. When Isobel was a baby I only ever used a backpack because I needed both hands free at all times. It’s quite liberating to not have to carry a bag on one arm. You can also put more weight in them than crossbody bags without getting a sore shoulder.
The floral print crossover top is quite old now but still one of my favourites. It’s soft and stretchy, and has a very flattering deep V neck and a side tie to accentuate the waist. The pink and red in the print brings just enough colour to the outfit without over complicating it. My beautiful Gardenia Akoya pearl and cubic zirconia necklace from Eternal Collection seems made for this top.
I’ve been featured in IFB’s Links à la Mode!
In other news, my post about finding the perfect pink coat was featured in IFB’s Links à la Mode last week – you can see all the other featured bloggers below. Also, I’m very excited about some upcoming collaborations…so watch this space!
Do you love to mix prints? If so, what’s your favourite combination? Let me know in the comments and share what you’ve been wearing in the link up!
SHOP THE LOOK
Links à la Mode, April 20th
- Aesthetic Distance: Did The Royal Family Kill A Top Influencer’s Blog?
- April Was Here: Embroidered Top
- A Well Styled Life: Look of the Week: Soft and Feminine
- Chiconomical: Three Ways to Wear: A White Long Kurta
- Everest Says: Joyous Movement in Style | Aldo Spring/Summer 2017
- Fash Chronicles: Must-Have Spring Accessories
- Gutterfashion: Thrifted: Loving Yourself in a World That Doesn’t
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: J.Jill Linen Shirtdress
- Jamie on Things: 3 Ways to Wear – Shoulder Frills
- Jeff on the Road: Lookbook: Burberry Trench & Sneakers
- Konscious VYB: Pretty In Pink…Spring’s Next “It” Color
- Kouture Kitten: Fashion Blogging Hacks: Things Fashion Bloggers Do to Make Life a Bit Easier
- La Veine: Things You Should Know Before Creating Your Fashion Blog
- Maggie Morena: Blue Striped with a Fuchsia Touch
- Middle of Somewhere: Denim Overalls & The Weekly Style Edit Link Up
- Modernly Michelle: Falling into Spring – T Shirt Dress + Boots
- Say Curls: Mon Paris
- Style Splash: Finding the Perfect Spring Coat
- The Sweet Painted Lady: The A-Z Guide of Autumn / Winter Style
- Tales of Two: How to Casually Wear Velvet in Summer
Linking up with: #iwillwearwhatilike, Turning Heads Tuesday, Visible Monday, Shoe and Tell, Confident Twosday, Thursday Fashion Files, Wearable Wednesday, Brilliant Blog Posts, Midweek Inspirations, Celebrating Style, The Pleated Poppy, Tina’s Pink Friday Link Up, On Mondays We Link-Up, Flashback Fashion Fridays, Fun Fashion Fridays, Fabulous Friday, A Labour of Fashion, Top of the World Style, Fancy Friday, Jaymie Ashcraft, Hello Monday, Color and Grace, The Weekly Style Edit
*Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links meaning I may earn a small amount if you click on them, which goes towards the running costs of the blog. I was gifted the backpack in exchange for a review. All opinions are completely honest and unbiased.