How was your weekend? I’ve been unexpectedly busy with work lately, which is great for the bank balance just before Christmas, but it meant not much time for blogging. We did manage to take some photos at the weekend when I got home just before it got dark. Oh how I miss daylight in the evenings!
A check jacket, lace skirt and shiny boots might sound like a weird mix but I like the different textures.
At least the colder weather means I get to wear boots, which I’m rather obsessed with at the moment. I’m combining some old favourites with a couple of lovely new additions in this outfit. A check jacket, lace skirt and shiny boots might sound like a weird mix but I like the different textures. These gorgeous deep red boots from Lotus are perfect for the festive season and would look equally fab with trousers or a skirt. They are also incredibly comfortable thanks to the generous fitting and mid heel. I love the shimmery fabric and crisscross elasticated panel on the sides. I’m so taken with them that I wore them to work yesterday too!
Last week I hit the charity shops in a nearby town and found loads of fabulous clothes. In total I came home with three jackets, two jumpers, a dress and two skirts! My eyes were immediately drawn to this jacket, although I almost overlooked it because it’s a size 14. But when I held it up it looked more like a 10 or 12 so I tried it on. I was delighted to find that it fit! It just goes to show that you shouldn’t get fixated on sizing because it’s definitely not consistent across brands. Another factor to consider is that translating European into UK sizes can often be inaccurate.
Check and plaid are really on trend this season so finding this jacket for less than a tenner was a style steal!
I didn’t really care about the size or brand – if I like it and it fits that’s all that matters. However, out of curiosity I googled the brand – Rena Lange – and was shocked to find this exact jacket listed on Vestiaire for £154! I also found one on eBay for the more modest starting price of $40, but even so, it’s safe to say I got a bargain. Check and plaid are really on trend this season so finding this jacket for less than a tenner was a style steal!
Have you scored any great bargains lately? Are you obsessed with ankle boots like me? I’d love to hear what you’ve been buying lately…and it’s link up day so scroll down to share your outfits!
SHOP THE LOOK
Last week’s favourite’s were…
Suzanne of Crazy Blonde Life proving that comfortable can be very stylish, Jen of Librarian For Life and Style in a fabulous cat print dress, and Patti of Not Dead Yet Style wearing a gorgeous dog print sweater…I’m loving the animal theme!
This post was featured in IFB’s Links à la Mode, November 23rd, 2017
- Aesthetic Distance: I Dumped Out The Contents Of My Makeup Bag Again For You
- April Was Here: Mommy and Me: Plaid Shirt and Parka Jacket
- Be You, Very Well: Fall/winter outfit – Knitted dress, camel aviator jacket and the over the knee boots
- Britt and Whit: Gift Guide 2017: The Best Hostess Gifts
- Deyn’s World: Makeup for Men: How to Make it Work for You
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: ModCloth’s Stylish Surprise Sale Event Explained + My Surprises Over The Years
- I’m a Norbyah: Summer Days Have Come and Gone
- Kintan Fashion: Sunny Fall: With Camel Coat & Floral Embroidered Skinny Jeans
- Luna Vida: Weekend Wear | Coffee Crewneck + Ripped Jeans + Sneakers
- Petite Silver Vixen: Pattern Mixing a Midi Skirt | Wearing Colour to Lift Your Mood
- Sifa’s Corner: 5 Essential Products for a Relaxing Shower
- Style Splash: Check Jacket, Lace Skirt and Shiny Boots + Link Up
- The Real JLowPersonal Branding | A How Not to & How Fashion and Life Collide
- Meghan’s Mirror: Meghan Markle’s 10 Fashion Rules
- Wine & Couture: Thanksgiving Day Outfit *Collab*
Disclaimer: I was gifted the boots in exchange for a review, all opinions are my own and completely honest. This post contains affiliates links which means if you click on them and/or purchase via a link I may earn a few pennies, at no extra cost to you. This helps towards the running costs of the blog and is very much appreciated.