Of all the clothes I own (and there are many!) this skirt with sleeves is probably the most unusual garment in my wardrobe. It sounds ridiculous doesn’t it? And yet when I popped into Zara a couple of weeks ago I was charmed by the quirkiness of this skirt which looks like a shirt tied around my waist. I didn’t have much time to browse, so I grabbed the skirt and bought it without even trying it on. I had a hunch that it would either be a hit or an unmitigated disaster. It was worth risking having to trek back to the Trafford Centre to return it though, and my punt paid off because I love it. Result!
A skirt with sleeves probably makes enough of a statement on its own, so I chose a simple black V-neck vest to wear with it.
I don’t usually like high-low hemlines, but this skirt works for me because it’s not flouncy. The fabric is a light and cool cotton mix, so it’s perfect for Summer. It is prone to creasing though, but that’s my only negative. A skirt with sleeves probably makes enough of a statement on its own, so I chose a simple black V-neck vest to wear with it. My other option (and one I deliberated over for this post) is a red embellished tank top, but that can wait for another day. I added a silver and black statement necklace that I bought for a few pounds from a pop up shop at a hospital of all places – it’s amazing where you can find stylish bargains!
I couldn’t resist a pair of funky shoes, and these have the unusual feature of a square heel that’s offset so that it looks twisted. Despite the height of the heel the shoes are surprisingly comfortable. The cute cat clutch was part of a big bundle of goodies I won in a Christmas competition 🙂
Would you wear a skirt that looks like a shirt? (Try saying that over and over quickly!) I’m delighted to be co-hosting Fabulous Friday with Jennie from A Pocketful of Polka Dots this week so scroll down to add your links and check out my favourite outfit from last week!
SHOP THE LOOK
Meet your host for Fabulous Friday,
Jennie of A Pocketful of Polka Dots. ∼ Hey y’all, I’m Jennie
and I am a 47 year old frugal fashionista! I am mom to two wonderful
(and handsome!) sons and one very spoiled Pomeranian. After spending
most of my life in black and boring clothes, I now enjoy trying new
trends, am a confessed shoeaholic, believe life is too short for
boring hair, and never met a polka dot I didn’t like. I am also an
avid photographer, reader of Jane Austen, Paleo/Primal enthusiast, and
lover of DIY. You can follow me here ∼
My favourite outfit from last week’s Fabulous Friday is Joi’s gorgeous Rainbow Bright!
This post is featured in IFB Links à la Mode, June 15th
- Aesthetic Distance: The Pros And Cons Of The Gig Economy
- A Mused Blog: Burberry Beauty Liquid Lip Velvet
- April Was Here: Wedding Guest Attire: Cocktail or Semiformal
- Blushing NoirOPI California Dreaming Nail Polish Collection Swatches + Review
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Sephora Favorites Sunkissed Glow Kit
- Everyday Starlet: How to Shape Eyebrows at Home with Tweezers + How to Grow Eyebrows
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Timeless Summer Fashion
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: Classic Shift Dress x Triangle Cutout Sleeves
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Sydney Shopping Spree
- Hello Alley: Ruffled Pink Perfection Casual Chic for Summer
- Lil Miss JB StyleTravel Diaries: Barcelona
- Style Splash: A Skirt with Sleeves
- Suzanne CarilloHow To: Embroidered Leather Dress DIY
- Tales of Two Blog: The Power of Perfume Featuring Unique Fragrances
- The Curvy Edit: Palm Springs Vibes – One Set Two Ways
Linking up with: Spotlight Weekly, Turning Heads Tuesday, Style Swap Tuesdays, Shoe and Tell, On Mondays We Link-Up, Ageless Style, Thursday Fashion Files, Confident Twosday, Friday Favorites, Spread the Kindness, Mix It Mondays, #iwillwearwhatilike, Midweek Inspirations, The Blended Blog Style, Friday Favorites, The Saturday Share, Thursday Moda, The Pleated Poppy, Brilliant Blog Posts, Fancy Friday