I’m a big fan of flared midi skirts, even more so when they have pockets like this one. I bought this skirt ages ago but it was a bit on the snug side, and consequently got pushed to the back of the wardrobe. The zip sticks at the waistband so it’s not easy to do up (well that’s my excuse anyway!) Once it’s on and done up it’s fine, I just can’t eat a big meal while wearing it!
Teaming this sheer top with the floral print midi skirt and cropped cardigan tones it down and prevents it looking too risqué.
Everything in this outfit is quite old. I’ve had the cardigan for years and it’s been through at least one house move with me, maybe two. Bizarrely I just never think to wear it, which is silly because it’s perfect with a flared skirt or dress. I bought the sheer flower T-shirt in a charity shop for next to nothing. However, I underestimated just how see-through it is and I don’t feel comfortable wearing it on its own. Teaming this sheer top with the floral print midi skirt and cropped cardigan tones it down and prevents it looking too risqué.
This leather bag is also years old and one I don’t use very often because it’s too small for work. When I bought it about twelve years ago there was a bigger version available and I’ve always regretted not buying that instead. I think the structured top handle style looks like one of the Queen’s bags! I added the cat eye sunglasses for a 1950’s vibe…I’m all about the vintage look at the moment!
How would you wear a sheer top to avoid revealing too much? I’d love to hear your styling tips…and it’s link up day so do share what you’ve been wearing!
SHOP THE LOOK
Pretty Dress Company skirt (old, similar here and here) | Dorothy Perkins top bought from charity shop | New Look cardigan (old, similar) | Miss KG shoes (similar) | J by Jasper Conran leather bag (old) | Joe’s sunglasses
My Rose Print Dress at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool post was selected for last week’s IFB Links à la Mode! Here is the full list :
Links à la Mode, May 25th
- Adorned in Armor: The Satin-Lined Cap: Your Fav Bonnet & Beanie
- Aesthetic Distance: So Um, How The Hell Does Lily Maymac Still Have A Job?
- Chic Reaction: Green Day
- Dare to Dax: How to Dress Your Best in 15 Minutes or Less
- Finite 1: The Cutest Back Button Pullover Top
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Juggling A Full Time Job and Blogging
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: Paisley
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Twirling Around the Town
- Julia in Red: 8 of the Best 2017 Women’s Summer Shoes Under $75
- La Veine: I Stopped Using Shampoo for 30 Days
- Lake & Moon: The French Formula: The Almost French Holiday Capsule
- Lil Miss JB Style: Alumni
- Middle of Somewhere Blog: Lace Peplum Top & The Weekly Style Edit Linkup
- Style Splash: Black Rose Print Dress
- The Curvy Edit: Pinta tu Verano de Colores con Janiushka’s
Linking up with: Fabulous Friday, Hello Monday, Fun Fashion Friday, The Saturday Share, Passion4Fashion, Mix It Mondays, On Mondays We Link-Up, Fashion Friday, Friday Favorites, Fine-Whatever, Turning Heads Tuesday, Fashion Elite With J Petite, Fashion Friday, Friday Favorites, Confident Twosday, Color and Grace, Fashion Files, Visible Monday, Shoe and Tell, Thursday Moda, #iwillwearwhatilike, Style Swap Tuesdays, Trend Spin, Style Me Wednesday, Spread the Kindness, Midweek Inspirations, Fancy Friday, Brilliant Blog Posts, Wearable Wednesday, Spotlight Weekly, Top of the World Style. Flashback Fashion Fridays, Weekend Wear, Passion4Fashion
*Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links meaning I may earn a small amount if you click on them, which goes towards the running costs of the blog.